Application Period is Closed
Come back in a few weeks for details on the BIO/Plan Semi-Finalists
Southeast BIO (SEBIO) is pleased to present the 7th annual BIO/Plan Competition. This program is designed to foster the creation of new venture-attractive life sciences and medical technology companies and the development of exceptional corporate partnering opportunities in the Southeast U.S. Working closely with technology transfer and commercialization offices across the region, the competition seeks and helps cultivate opportunities from Southeastern research universities, research centers and existing entrepreneurs.
Participants have seen significant levels of interest from the business community following their selection into the program. Four past participants have collectively raised over $12.5 million in seed and series A financing, and several others have successfully executed contracts with major corporate partners. Past participants have also recognized considerable value in possessing a well vetted, professionally developed business strategy and corresponding written plan. With reported benefits like these, future participants can expect even greater interest in their opportunities as the BIO/Plan Competition rapidly gains traction as a premier business development program in the Southeast.
Here’s how it works…
- The principal investigator/entrepreneur/commercialization officer completes a short application outlining the business opportunity in broad terms.
- A selection committee chooses up to 10 of the best ideas to advance to the Semi-Finals. Each Semi-Finalist is assigned a team of seasoned professionals who serve as mentors to the principals. The group’s goal is to further develop the concept and surround it with a 15 page or less business proposal/development plan.
- Following a 4 month engagement period with the assigned mentoring team, the business proposal/development plan is submitted to a panel of experts for judging and up to 4 Finalists are selected.
- The Finalists present their opportunity to the life science and medical technology business community at the annual SEBIO Investor Forum held each fall.
- The winner of the BIO/Plan Competition is selected at the Investor Forum and awarded a $10,000 prize to help achieve a significant business development milestone.
Click here to read about the 2012 BIO/Plan Finalists and Winner.
For general questions about the BIO/Plan Competition, contact Jennifer Sherer (email@example.com).
For technical questions about the BIO/Plan application, contact Dave Poole (firstname.lastname@example.org).