Southeast BIO/Plan Competition Home
Southeast BIO (SEBIO) is pleased to present the 8th Annual BIO/Plan Competition. This program is designed to foster the creation of new life sciences and medical technology companies in the Southeast. Working closely with technology transfer and commercialization offices across the region, the Competition seeks and cultivates opportunities from Southeastern research universities, research organizations and entrepreneurs.
Participants have seen significant interest from the business community following their selection into the program. Past participants have raised seed and Series A financing rounds and have successfully executed contracts with major corporate partners. They have also gained considerable value in participating in the BIO/Plan process, which results in a well-vetted, professionally-developed business strategy and plan.
Here’s how it works:
- The principal investigator/entrepreneur/commercialization officer completes a short application outlining the business opportunity in broad terms.
- A selection committee chooses up to ten of the best ideas to advance to the semifinals. Each semifinalist is assigned a team of seasoned professionals who serve as mentors for a four-month period. The group’s goal is to further develop the concept and an up to 15-page business proposal/development plan.
- The business proposal is submitted to a panel of experts for judging. Up to four finalists are selected.
- The finalists present their opportunity to the life science business community at the annual SEBIO Investor & Partnering Forum held each November.
- The winner of the SEBIO BIO/Plan Competition is selected at the Forum and awarded a $10,000 prize to help achieve a significant business development milestone.
Click here to read about the 2012 BIO/Plan Finalists and Winner.
For general questions about the BIO/Plan Competition, please contact Suzanne Cantando at email@example.com.
For technical questions about the BIO/Plan application, please contact Dave Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org.