Southeast BIO/Plan Competition Home
Southeast BIO (SEBIO) is pleased to present the 9th Annual BIO/Plan Competition. The Competition is designed to help create new life science and medical technology companies in the Southeast U.S. that will be ready to raise venture financing or develop corporate partners. Southeast BIO, working closely with technology transfer and commercialization offices across the region, hopes to find and cultivate opportunities from research universities, research centers and existing entrepreneurs. Are you a researcher with a life science-related idea that could be commercialized? Southeast BIO would like to help with time, talent and money.
Participants have seen significant interest from the business community following their selection into the program. Past participants have raised seed and Series A financing rounds and have successfully executed contracts with major corporate partners. They have also gained considerable value in participating in the BIO/Plan process, which results in a well-vetted, professionally-developed business strategy and plan.
Here’s how it works:
- A principal investigator/entrepreneur/commercialization officer completes a short application outlining the business opportunity in broad terms.
- The BIO/Plan selection committee chooses up to ten semi-finalists and assigns each a team of seasoned professionals who serve as mentors for four months as they create a business proposal/development plan.
- Semi-finalists submit their business proposal/development plan to a panel of expert judges. Up to four finalists are selected.
- Finalists present their opportunities to life science and medical technology industry experts at the 2015 SEBIO Investor & Partnering Forum, November 11-13 in Charleston, South Carolina.
- One winner is selected at the 2015 SEBIO Investor & Partnering Forum and awarded a $10,000 cash prize to help achieve a significant business development milestone.
For general questions about the BIO/Plan Competition, please contact Suzanne Cantando.
For technical questions about the BIO/Plan application, please contact Dave Poole.